Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Found Objects

A while back my co-workers got me these really neat dried flowers for my 5th anniversary at work. They have been sitting in my office for quite sometime now - and everyday I had been telling myself to do something with them. I studied them for a long time - and finally decided to shoot them.

While shooting these flowers I came up with a new project that I am going to do once a week, called "Found Objects". The objects must be found only around my neighborhood where I live - or around the area were I work. They will all be lit with only natural light - and shot on a textured piece of fine art paper.

Here are my 1st seven images from the new project - My goal is to do this once a week for the next couple of months (should be fun now that spring is starting) and hopefully put together a new series of images.


Dried Flowers

Dried Flowers

Decaying Leaf

Decaying Leaf


Purple Flower
Purple Flower


Dandelion
Dandelion


Allergies
Allergies


Leaves
Leaves


Dried Flowers
Dried Flowers #2

No comments: